NO EVIDENCE [DEATH™]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Socom: Fire Team Bravo 2 NO EVIDENCE clan forums

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Link back to Homepage  

Jesse Jackson makes remarks about Obama

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tommy
Admin
Admin
Tommy

Jesse Jackson makes remarks about Obama Empty
PostSubject: Jesse Jackson makes remarks about Obama   Jesse Jackson makes remarks about Obama EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 6:58 am

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Civil rights leader Jesse Jackson complained on Tuesday that Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama can seem to be "talking down to black people" at times and should broaden his message.

But Jackson apologized for a crude and disparaging remark about Obama at the weekend while he was speaking into an open microphone that he thought had been turned off.

Jackson, talking to CNN on Wednesday, said Obama has given what amounts to "lectures" at African-American churches.

"I said it can come off as speaking down to black people. The moral message must be a much broader message. What we need really is racial justice and urban policy and jobs and health care. There is a range of issues on the menu," said Jackson, who was an acolyte of the slain civil rights leader, Martin Luther King Jr.

Obama would be America's first black president if elected on November 4 over Republican John McCain. Jackson ran for the Democratic presidential nomination in 1984 and lost.

In an aside to another guest after a Fox News Channel interview on Sunday, Jackson had said Obama had been talking down to black people and added: "I want to cut his nuts out."

He said on CNN: "I was in a conversation with a fellow guest at Fox on Sunday. He asked about Barack's speeches lately at the black churches. I said it can come off as speaking down to black people."

"And then I said something I felt regret for -- it was crude. It was very private, and very much a sound bite -- and a live mike. I find no comfort in it, I find no joy in it.

"So I immediately called the senator's campaign to send my statement of apology to repair the harm or hurt that this may have caused his campaign, because I support it unequivocally."

Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton said the candidate accepted Jackson's apology. "(Obama) will continue to speak out about our responsibilities to ourselves and each other, and he of course accepts Reverend Jackson's apology," Burton said.

Jackson's son, Jesse L. Jackson Jr, an Illinois congressman and active Obama supporter, condemned his father's remarks.

"Reverend Jackson is my dad and I'll always love him. He should know how hard that I've worked for the last year and a half as a national co-chair of Barack Obama's presidential campaign. So, I thoroughly reject and repudiate his ugly rhetoric," he said in a statement.
Back to top Go down
http://ftb2deathclan.webs.com
IIiviIIaster...
Admin
Admin
IIiviIIaster...

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Jackson makes remarks about Obama   Jesse Jackson makes remarks about Obama EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 8:37 am

wow...amazing
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/ftb2deathclan/
.xX.SNIPER.Xx..
Post Master
Post Master
.xX.SNIPER.Xx..

NO EVIDENCE
Tommy: is a 13east

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Jackson makes remarks about Obama   Jesse Jackson makes remarks about Obama EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 7:27 pm

thts kinda funnny
Back to top Go down
Sgt.Walker
Good Poster
Good Poster

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Jackson makes remarks about Obama   Jesse Jackson makes remarks about Obama EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 12:08 pm

he said that barack is talking down to black ppl on a faith bases and that he wants to cut his n(_)ts off 8========D LOL
Back to top Go down
majador
Post Master
Post Master
majador

NO EVIDENCE
Tommy: most awsome guy iv'e ever met

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Jackson makes remarks about Obama   Jesse Jackson makes remarks about Obama EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 10:45 pm

well i dont doubt that he's got more than half the black population
Back to top Go down
.xX.SNIPER.Xx..
Post Master
Post Master
.xX.SNIPER.Xx..

NO EVIDENCE
Tommy: is a 13east

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Jackson makes remarks about Obama   Jesse Jackson makes remarks about Obama EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 4:17 pm

Sgt.Walker wrote:
he said that barack is talking down to black ppl on a faith bases and that he wants to cut his n(_)ts off 8========D LOL

8*snip snip* =========D lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Jackson makes remarks about Obama   Jesse Jackson makes remarks about Obama Empty

Back to top Go down

Jesse Jackson makes remarks about Obama
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NO EVIDENCE [DEATH™] :: For Fun :: News-
Jump to: